Emergency Power Control For 4-Wire Dimmable Loads up to 20A
In the past, emergency lights were kept on 24 hours a day to meet life safety codes. Now, you can use a UL 924 listed Emergency Power Control, Model EPC-1-M-D, to convert regular light fixtures into approved emergency lights. The EPC-1-M-D saves energy and money while ensuring compliance with both life safety and energy codes.
During normal operation, the same dimmer, occu-pancy sensor, dimming panel, or lighting control can switch and dim regular and emergency fixtures on and off simultaneously.
During a utility power interruption, the EPC-1-M-D auto-matically bypasses the regular lighting controls, turning the emergency lights ON at full brightness, regardless of dimmer position.
The EPC-1-M-D is ceiling or wall mounted in a junction box with a single gang plaster ring and is usually located in the area where the emergency fixtures are installed.
• Isolated 0-10V relay contact ensures full bright-ness during utility power interruption, regardless of dimmer model.
• When the room switch is turned off, the EPC-1-M-D will run a 2.5 self-test routine, verifying that the emergency power source was available and that the EPC-1-M-D, ballast, and lamp(s) are all function-ing correctly. This feature eliminates the need for time-consuming and costly manual monthly testing and is approved for this purpose. This also allows the unit to be installed in remote or inaccessible locations, because the unit does not rely on access to its manual test switch.
• Fire Alarm, Remote Test & 0-10V Dimming Option
• Utility & Emergency Power Indicator LED’s
• Slim, attractive flush mount profile allows easy access to manual test switch and LED’s.